Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Celebrating E!

 
On February 23rd, we celebrated my little man with a beautiful brunch at Stonebriar Country Club.  Hostesses included my SIL's and great friends both new and old.  All the little details were to die for and we both felt very loved (and spoiled!).
The day did start out a little rocky, but of course is already funny.  L has really only had a fever one time that I can recall before this day.  However, on Thursday afternoon her school called to say that she had gotten sick and was running a low grade fever.  I picked her up and she was pretty cuddly and not eating much but otherwise seemed fine.  On Friday, she was about the same until 5 minutes after the pediatrician office closed and she was burning up-fever 104.6!!  Good grief.  We went to the pedi urgent care near our home and Lofton was diagnosed with strep.  We started antibiotics that night but her fever didn't break until about 3am, so we were up most of the night until that point.  I finally crashed with her only to be woken up at 6:30 by the hospital.  A patient of mine that was scheduled for a c-section the following week, had gone into labor and she needed surgery right away.  I woke up my poor partner and we headed to the hospital.  Good thing we both got into the dry bar to have our hair fixed later in the morning so we looked alive by shower time at 10:30 :)  And the best news is that by 9am, L was fever free and feeling great!  Love antibiotics.

 
who will this man look like?  L may have a little of me, but definitely favors the cute guy on the left.  all sono pictures look like E will follow suit.  clearly i have weak genes...
 My partner, Cathy Holt, and our fab hair.  We both kept it up for about 3 days and our office was shocked when we walked in on Monday morning.  They're a little too accustomed to our haphazard, fixed this pony tail while driving look :)
 
Me and Mom (aka Gigi)
 
lifetime friends of my mother's.  they might as well be second mamas to me and i love them dearly.
 I wish you could see this little guy better.  Harry is about as cute as they come and he was a GREAT helper with the opening of the presents.
 
Love this sign for E's room from my SIL Marti

 
They both stood by me when I married Dewey and now we've all had babies.  So fun to go through these phases of life together.
 
My mom and Marit.  She was hosting a dinner party (which was no doubt FABULOUS) that same evening in Conroe, but still made the trip down.  So sweet.

 
A few of my sweet hostesses
 
Dewey's mom-excited about her 2nd grandchild on the way

1 comment:

  1. Jordan, you do look amazing and beautiful, as ALWAYS! So excited and happy for ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete