Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Out of the mouth of babes...

A few recent Lofton quotes that I never want to forget:

Lofton runs into something in the backyard and starts crying.  I pick her up and say "Lofton do you need Mommy to kiss it and make it better?"  Lofton (with tears) "Yes."  Me "Ok, baby girl.  Where does it hurt?" Lofton while pointing to her upper lip "On my moustache!"

"Lofton, what did you learn about in ballet today?"
"Jesus".
Always a good answer :)

"Lofton would you like oatmeal for breakfast?"
"No, Lofton want sugar for breakfast."

Lofton's carseat is in the middle of the backseat.  While driving west on a sunny evening, Lofton covers her eyes and yells, "No sun!  You get out of Lofton's eyes right now!"

I hear Lofton sniffing from the backseat because she has a slight cold.  Then (in a VERY concerned voice)..."Mom.  My nose isn't working!"

Cleaning her face in the mirror one evening..."Mom.  What's that on Lofton's little face?"

Tuesday afternoon pulling up to ballet class..."Lofton, who's ready for ballet?!"
With one fist high in the air she yells, "I am...and you am too mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment